Installing Modern Robotics Devices

Modern Robotics test robot

We’ve finally got a chance to install the new devices from Modern Robotics on one of our test robots.

Once we got Android Studio installed, the rest of it went fairly well.  First, we used the Power Module and the Motor Controller. Then we replaced the Motor Controller with the Legacy Device and a DC motor controller.   After changing the config file, the same program worked.

It all went surprisingly well.  The next step is figuring out how to work with encoders and then experimenting with different sensors.

Our plan is to redo our competition robot from this season and then try to rewrite our autonomous programs.